Friday, February 17, 2017

Update from the field

Wow, it's been a while. Thanksgiving was our last post. Lots of things in the world have happened since then. Christmas happened, a new year dawned on us. Things politically are kind of a mess, which is upsetting a lot of people (myself included). Rob and I went to BGGCon, and had a blast. Things in my personal life have been a bit rocky, and I haven't had as much time as I'd like to do what I like to do best- play games.

Things have started to settle down, so here I am, providing an update. Chits & Bits 2017 is starting to gain steam. Rob has been contacting game publishers and donors, and prizes are rolling in. I've been working on some of the "behind the scenes" stuff, looking for sponsors, getting swag to give to our marathon players, working with Mike to update our website - stuff like that. Rob has definitely been doing the lion's share though. Seriously, this thing we do, wouldn't be as successful as it is, without him. I'm eternally grateful for that.

We've got a lot of new things planned for the year as well. Chits and Bits is definitely growing to be much more than just the game marathon. Once again, I'm going down to Extra Life United to compete for BBCH. I'm hoping that I can bring home some prize money again this year. We've got another game day we're working on at a different location later in the year, so we can spread our footprint a little (details to come as we get closer). Stay tuned to our Facebook page for these events as they get scheduled.

Beyond Chits & Bits, Rob and I have both started to spread our gaming wings a little. Rob has teamed up with Red Raven Games, as part of their new ambassadorship program. I've done the same with another company, Stonemaier Games. This will bring us to some different events, teaching and demoing those company's games, one of the things both of us love to do.

I'll be updating this blog on a regular basis, with our comings and goings. Our plans as they unfold. Details about what we've been playing, game reviews, etc. I hope you'll indulge me and follow along.

-Jamison

Time to wake up!

No comments:

Post a Comment